Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fullerish A.K.A. Fulleresque Redux

I liked the Fulleresque so much, I wanted more, ASAP. Luckily, I had left overs of most of the ingredients. I was completely out of flaked maize, so that will be a major difference. Also Fullerish is going to be a bigger brew what with 12lbs. of base grain rather than 9.

Beer Recipator: Fullerish A.K.A. Fulleresque Redux


***Update***
At first this tasted too sweet. Not as good as Fulleresque. That was a couple of weeks ago. Now it's pretty darn good -- only a slight hint of that original sweetness. I have saved a couple of bottles of Fulleresque, and a growler of Fullerish in the fridge for a head-to-head taste test this weekend. (Feb 25, 2012)

And the winner is . . .

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Honestly I don't remember if I even did the test. My next ESB brew day will be a combo. I'll do the Fullerish recipe with 8 oz. of flaked maize in the mash. I mainly remember thinking this brew was extra delicious. I'm kicking myself for not recording my mash temps.

      By the way, Striles, thanks for the comment! You win the award for being the first commenter on this blog who isn't me.

      Delete